Wednesday, March 08, 2006

John Hegley & Co. in The Cellar this Saturday

This Saturday, March 11th, at 8pm sharp, for the slight inconvenience of a fiver, you can hear the world-renowned poetry performer John Hegley, not to mention poets Ainsley Burrows and Lucy Leagrave, down in the Cellar at the Poetry Sociey, that dark intimate space under the stairs where they keep all the best poets. This London event is hosted as usual by Niall O’Sullivan. The Poetry Society is at 22 Betterton Street, London. Tube: Covent Garden. For more information, you can always try visiting the Poetry Society website.

I've got John Hegley's 'Beyond Our Kennel'(Methuen 1999) on my desk at the moment;

hilarious stuff,
I wish I could make it myself,
but alas, the train
costs a bomb
and the head gasket's gone ...

et cetera, Anon.

No comments: